Barbados the island country in Caribbean offers the best and the most luxurious holidays you can ever have. The white sand Beaches and the sparkling sea, the adventurous sports and the vast array of caves and the hidden lakes, you will find all of it and the icing on the cake is that you will find the most exotic and luxurious accommodation . You can follow the Barbados vacation rentals for details for the accommodation.
Barbados is not only famous by is beauty but also by its people. They are the main reason why so many visitors keep returning as vacation destination. Barbadians also called as Bajans are very friendly people and give a great hospitality experience, thus attracting a great crowd of visitors each year. The weather is not bad and is warm all around the year but the best time to visit is winters which slight cooler and less humidity.
The famous places you can visit here are:
- Miami Beach: Also called as “Enterprise beach” is famous because there use to be no beach here. It is a manmade barrier island between Atlantic Ocean and Biscayne bay. A favorite destination for famous celebrities and models. People visit for the calm and crystal clear water and water sports it offers like surfing and jet ski and if tired can go and relax on the white sand under the Sun for a tan.
- Harrison’s Cave: It is spectacular; you will be marveled as this natural wonder. You can use suttles to visit this cave and the staff here is very professional and polite. Inside the cave they will take you on a motorized vehicle and may let you off the vehicle to walk around but be careful the floor sometime may be slippery as water drops falling from the ceiling.
- Hunte’s Gardens: Created by Mr.Hunte a heavenly garden with colorful plants and enchanting sculptures and many stone paths that gives you a blissful experience different from the typical garden experience but like the small natural forest, also there are various sitting arrangements in the different corner of the garden. The owner also tries to attend all the visitors personally.
- Nicholas Abbey: Along with beaches, gardens and caves you will also find historic place in Barbados like St. Nicholas Abbey. You can have a tour of this house which is as old as early 17th century. You will have fascinating glimpse into plantation life and is of real architectural note. Also they will explain you the process of making Rum and you will have Rum tasting also. There are gardens here where you can sit under the trees and enjoy the Rum. They are in the process of putting in a steam train to carry visitors up cherry tree hill and around and enjoy the ride admiring its beauty.
- South Coast Boardwalk: It’s a lovely walk way along the stunning view of the ocean and coconut trees giving a picture perfect view for a romantic walk with your beloved. You can also see the red crabs if you visit here in early morning before it’s hot. There are plenty of eateries and good public transportation facilities available along the Broadwalk. Don’t forget to keep your camera handy.
- Carlisle Bay: if you love snorkeling! Then this place is definitely for you where in you can enjoy with the turtles and starfish. It is a huge bay but very calm water on the beach great for kids as well. So you can always plan for a family trip to Barbados.
- Garrison Savannah – Barbados Turf Club: If you are in Barbados on Saturday which is generally the Race day and you love enjoying the horse race then Garrison Savannah is not to be missed. You can get the seat at a reasonable price nearly at $20 and the betting is in the same way as in UK. Also the food is available here but you can always get some BBQ from the locals selling outside on the street. You can feel the thunder when the horse racing pass by your seat. You can easily get a bus outside for going back.
Shopping experience: Not only the Place, people and beauty but you can enjoy a great shopping treat!! Specially pottery items. There are malls and small shops here were you will definitely enjoy shopping also you will find duty free stores with most of items being quite affordable and gives you ample bargain opportunities. The best place for this is the capital Bridgetown.
The Food: You can experience great treat for your tummy as well because the food is quite good and in great global fusion. With Five star hotels to Local vendors all are trying to cater you with a flavored and diverse cuisine. The famous local dish here is the Fish fry which is served in different varieties.
Transport: There are frequent flights to the island at a reasonable price. The car hire /rental charges can be little costly but easily available. There are three types of buses in Barbados — government-operated (blue with a yellow stripe), privately operated (yellow with a blue stripe) and the Zed-R. You can easily find the buses giving tour rides of the city starting each hour.
Lastly, I would like to say that if you go to Barbados and don’t enjoy the Rum, then your trip is incomplete. Barbados is renowned as birthplace of Rum. It is widely produced and enjoyed here. So do visit and have your share of Rum in this 360 degree island – Barbados!!!!Published in