- Paris is a capital city of France and is famous for it art, fashion and culture. The city is also said to be city of lovers. It is one of the most romantic place on the earth.
- The city was founded in 3rd century BC by Celtic people called Parisii and they also gave the city the name Paris. In 18th century it became the center of French Revolution and became the global center of art, finance, fashion, science and commerce.
- The city is most famous for Eiffel Tower which is one of the Seven wonder of the world. It is also the most loved place for the couple. The place is really full of romance and you can enjoy and live up each moment here.
- If you are an art lover, then I can say that Paris is the best place for you. You can find here lot of museums on art which have the work of Picasso,Pittoni etc. You can also find in Louvre Museum, the famous painting of Mona Lisa made by Leonardo da Vinci.
- Paris is also often called as “International capital of Style” and is a leading city in the world along with New York, Milan etc when it comes about fashion. So if you are here, it really worth to try out or purchase some fashionable items.
In short, I can say that Paris is must visit place in Europe and especially if you are an art or fashion lover. And for the couples I would just say never miss the chance to visit Paris and increase the love in life.
HOW TO VISIT
As mentioned above, Paris is has lot of beautiful attractions to see. One has to decide what one wants to do in the City of Love. There are three ways to explore the city as mentioned below:
- Explore with Paris Visite Card : The card gives unlimited transport (bus, metro, tramway and RER) throughout the duration of your stay in zones 1 to 3. The cost of card is 12.30 Euro, 20 Euro and 27.30 Euro for 1 day, 2 day and 3 day respectively.
- Paris Museum Pass : The card gives you free admission to more than 60 museums in Paris and the Paris Region (Louvre Museum, Versailles Estate, Panthéon, Towers of Notre-Dame, Arc de triomphe, Tomb of Napoléon I, etc.) with priority and unlimited access. The price for card is 42 Euro for 2 days, 56 Euro for 4 days and 69 Euros for 6 Days.
- Paris City Pass : This card is a combination of the above two card. Apart from the benefit of above card one also gets benefits like a) skip-the-line ticket to visit the Eiffel Tower (€15 supplement), b) 1 hr cruise organized by Bateaux Parisiens cruise and c) Bus turistic tour organized by Big Bus for 1 day. The price of Paris City card is 34 Euros for 1 day, 99 Euros for 2 days, 113 Euro for 3 days and 139 Euros for 4 days.
The above cards can be purchased online also at Parisinfo site.
If you are in Paris for short duration like 2 or 3 days, my suggestion would be to go for the combination of Paris Visite and Paris Museum Pass as they are not as costly as Paris City card and will provide you all the benefit of the City card except for the River Cruise which may cost you addl. 20-25 Euros.
Exploring Paris requires minimum 3 days (excl. visit to Disney Land) and if you are a are lover they even 3 days might be less for you. However, the cost estimation of various things in Paris is as below:
- Accommodation : Youth Hostel cost around 25-35 Euro per day and can be booked online through various websites like Hostel Bookers and Hostel world.
- Food : Depending on what one prefer to eat. However one can expect 7-10 Euro per meal in an inexpensive restaurants.
- Transportation Cost : Visit with Paris Visite Card which will cost 12.30 Euro, 20 Euro and 27.30 Euro for 1 day, 2 day and 3 day respectively. One can also go for the 10 ticket cartel which cost around 14 Euro but no limit on days within which one has to use it. However if you have brought Paris City card, travelling is free with it.
- Sight Seeing : With Paris Museum Card entry to around 60 museums are free and with Paris City card you enjoy the free cruise ride and Bus turistic tour. Apart from that it cost around 15 Euro for entry ticket to top of Eiffel Tower.
Money Saver Tip:
1) For short trip travel with the combination of Paris visite and Paris Museum Card. If you love to taking walking tour of Paris City, then in place of Paris Visite Card you can also go for 10 ticket cartel which is cheaper.
2) If you are youth (age below 25) and travelling to Paris on Weekend ask for weekend travel card which cost around 14 Euro and provides unlimited travelling in public transportation on weekend in Zone 1-3.
3) Ask for discount at Eiffel Tower if you come under the youth category. It will provide you around 20% discount on entry ticket to the Eiffel Tower.
4) Plan your travel in well advance. Booking in last moment will increase your cost by 50-80 Euros.
5) If you are planning to go to Disney Land book your ticket online as it is cheaper then purchasing at ticket counter. Also the price of the ticket is different for Mini, Magic and Super magic days. You can find the calendar and price list for these days here. Thus plan accordingly.
MUST WATCH PLACES
Eiffel tower is the most visited place in Paris. Built in 1889, Eiffel tower also finds places in the list of “Seven wonders of the world”. For the couple, it is best romantic place in Paris especially in the evening. It is also possible to climb up the stairs and reach at the top of the tower. It cost around 15 Euro to reach at the top and 10 Euro upto 2nd floor. I would highly recommend to go to the top of the tower as the view from their is amazing and one cannot afford to miss it.
One must take a cruise ride in Paris as with this you can take a spectacular view of the Paris. Along with beautiful view of the Siene River, it will also take you to all the major attractions of the Paris. Also if you are with your loved once, you can make them feel more special by having a lunch or dinner on the cruise alongside the river. The cruise is for an hour and an informative historical and cultural commentary is available in French and English. River cruise cost around 20-25 Euro but if you have opted for Paris city card, the cost is already included in it so no extra charge.
Arc de Triomphe
This is the second most popular attraction of the city after Eiffel Tower. Arc de Triomphe is the biggest and tallest triumphal arch in the world about 161 ft high and 144 ft wide. One must visit the place and should go to the top of the triomphe. From the top you can also have a most amazing view of Paris and Eiffel Tower especially in evening and night. Entry to the place is free for the Paris Museum and Paris city card holders.
Louvre Museum is the largest art museum in the world and is the place where you can find the most famous painting of Mona Lisa. If you are the art lover, then this place should be in your top priority place to visit in Paris. At the entrance of the museum you can also find the glass pyramid which has become the unique symbol of the place and Paris too. No picture of Paris is complete without this glass pyramid. So do take some photographs here together with enjoying the world’s finest art.Entry to the place is free for the Paris Museum and Paris city card holders.
Important Tip : Louver Museum has around seven galleries differentiated by their content. It is therefore highly recommend to take a guided tour to understand the content and art of these gallery. Also keep sufficient time in hand while visiting the museum as it may take half a day to full day to fully explore it.
Orsay Museum is the second most visited museum in Paris after Louvre Museum. The museum was formerly a train station and was later renovated to a museum. It is a house of some of the best paintings by Monet, Pissarro etc. The place also has some of the beautiful sculptures, furniture and other beautiful objects. The place is must visit place in Paris.Entry to the place is free for the Paris Museum and Paris city card holders.
Palace of Versailles
Palace of Versailles is the must visit palace in the region of Versailles. it takes around 1 hour journey by train from Paris to reach the place. Here you can see the royal palace, magnificent gardens which are really amazing. It takes around one full day to visit the Palace, but the place is really a worth of spending a day. Here you will also learn the full history of Europe especially Paris including French and industrial revolution. The Palace is really royal with the beautiful gardens. You can relax here in the evening and also take some beautiful photographs. Also sometime, they conduct a musical fountain event in the garden which is beautiful and worth seeing. Entry to the place is free for the Paris Museum and Paris city card holders.
Notre Dame is s a historic Catholic cathedral in the heart of Paris. It is considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and it is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. Church also has a stunning interior and one should spend some time to visit all around the church.
Pantheon is one of the best-preserved of all Ancient Roman buildings in Paris. Formerly, the place was used as church but now it has become a tomb that holds the remains of the France’s most famous people. The place also offers a fantastic view of the entire Paris also with beautiful architecture. Entry to the place is free for the Paris Museum and Paris city card holders.
Holy Chapel or La Sainte Chapelle is another beautiful monument in Paris and considered as the highest achievement of the Gothic architecture. The place is famous for its stained glass window. The best time to visit this place is in afternoon when sun is fully shining as you can see the colorful lights flow from the stained glass which is really amazing and beautiful view.
Wine Tasting at O Chateau
Paris is a home to the finest wine in Europe. One can visit O chateux at 68 Rue Jean-Jacques in Paris and try out the finest wine of the Europe. The entry to the place is free for Paris city Pass holder.
Important Tip : If you plan to visit the place, please do the advance booking. The website detail is http://www.o-chateau.com/.
If you have come to Paris tour for 5-6 days, I would highly recommend to also visit Disney land which will take 1 full day per park (There are lot of theme park in Disney Land and you can choose depending on your interest). The place will take you to your favorite character of the Disney world, be it Mickey mouse, Donald Duck or any other. It is a theme park and has lot of things to do. You can find more details on the price and ticket at the offical website of Disney Land.
Important Tip : As mentioned initially in the blog if you are planning to go to Disney Land book your ticket online as it is cheaper then purchasing at ticket counter. Also the price of the ticket is different for Mini, Magic and Super magic days. You can find the calendar and price list for these days here. Thus plan accordingly.
Other Places to Visit
a. Opera House :
b. Hotel des Invalides
c. Luxembourg Park
d. Catacombs of Paris
Note : Photo mark with * are taken from Wikipedia.orgPublished in