Are you a travel writer and loves to write and share your travel experiences. If yes, World Nomad has brought to you a unique competition which can help you to not only travel for free to Balkans but also will provide you with an exposure on travel writing which can add a lot to your travel writing skills.
World Nomad is looking for three aspiring storytellers to travel around this region and write about the natural attractions and cultural charms that they find along the way.
Winning the competition can help you to win:
1) Free Flights: Receive round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Dubrovnik, Croatia where you will transfer to Herceg Novi, Montenegro.
2) Travel Writing Workshop: Attend an exclusive travel-writing course under the mentorship of New York Times and Outside magazine contributor Tim Neville.
3) Balkans Trip: Each writer will then embark on their own 10-day trip with €1000 spending money including a free tour courtesy of The Western Balkans Geotourism Network.
4) Adventure Apparel: Wander the Balkans in style with $500 USD worth of adventure travel clothing from ExOfficio.
5) Train Pass: Plan your adventure with a Eurail rail pass – your ticket to exploring the Balkans.
6) Travel Insurance: As always, we’ve got your back. You’ll receive travel insurance for the duration of your trip from World Nomads.
Interesting right?? Now you would like to know how you can apply. Here you go :
Step 1: Write Your Story
Compose a 2500 character travel story around one of the following themes:
‘Making a local connection’
‘Out of my comfort zone’
‘A place I’ll never forget’
Step 2: Plan your itinerary
Tell something about two places that you would like to visit in the Balkans. You could be exploring Macedonia’s national parks, uncovering local cuisine in Bosnia & Herzegovina, studying music and dance in Serbia or walking with the wildlife in Albania.
Step 3: Complete the application form
In 1500 characters or less tell us why you should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will hold considerable weight in the judging process.
So are you ready to apply for this competition? Click on the below link to apply:Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in